Keeping your email list clean and up to date is critical for email marketers. We offer an email list cleaning service that will clean, validate and verify your existing email address database. Email list hygiene is important and we always recommend at least one email list deep clean with a follow-up fast clean on a regular basis.
This identifies and purges spamtrap (spam trap), bounce, bad, invalid, undeliverable, seed, honeypot, duplicate and BOT email data. Major benefits of our email list cleaning and email validation services include maximizing delivery and keeping you off black lists. As a result, we reduce overall costs associated with your email marketing efforts due to bounce and invalid emails.
choose your plan
choose your plan
Remove spam traps & honey pots
Remove hard bounces
Remove invalid emails
Check bad data
Separate International & Domestic
Remove role accounts
Remove disposable emails
Full Reporting on email actions
What is Email List Cleaning?
Our email list cleaning service will get your list past the critical bounce benchmark that ISP’s use as a first indicator of spam emailing. When you send large quantities of email to a particular ISP, they will measure the number of bounces from the total pool of emails sent and then blacklist your domain if you exceed their threshold of delivery failures based on bounce ratio. They know you are mass-emailing their server and they will leave the burden up to you to prove that you were not. Additionally, they will report you as a spammer which will blacklist your domain in a heartbeat.
This is the front line of defense. Our email list cleaning service will remove invalid emails, duplicate emails, malformed emails and return 3 files to you including valid, invalid and any soft bounce emails that may only temporarily return as invalid. All of this for a fraction of what other email list cleaning services charge.
Our Deep-Clean Email List Cleaning & Validation Procedure
Below is a detailed description of how our entire deep clean process works. Additionally, there are 8 steps we use when cleaning and validating email addresses during a Deep Clean email list cleaning.
- Duplicate Email: We remove duplicates, improperly formatted email addresses and syntax errors. (Duplicate removal is not provided when ‘Matching Service’ is ordered)
- Role Accounts: Removal of “Role Account” emails, such as: sales@, support@, info@, etc.
- Keyword Scrub: We remove words like spam, junk, abuse, etc. from the list of emails.
- Bounce File Compare: We’re continuously updating a list of 100+ million hard bounces and we remove these emails from the list when we run a compare. This includes emails which have sent a challenge response or requested removal.
- Complainers File: We compare our complainers file to the list of emails and remove any matches. We also remove emails if they are a member of Spamcop.
- Domains | Spam Traps: We compare and remove any spam seed, BOT, honeypot, black list or bogus emails and domains from the list of email address domains. The list we own and maintain is about 156,000+ domains.
- Throwaway, disposable email addresses: We remove all temporary, junk collector email addresses. These email addresses are usually implemented for a one time use to sign up or to bypass providing a valid, primary email address.
- Validate emails: Our proprietary verification software system validates each email address in your database to see if it is an address that can accept email. This is done through multiple servers with enhanced white listings in place with all major ISP’s. We connect to the email addresses mail server, as part of our validation process, but NEVER send an email to the recipient.
Email List Cleaning Wrap-Up
While there are a great deal of unknown variables that can play a role in email list cleaning and validation, typically the accuracy of our service is about 95%. Once we have completed your order, we will provide you with a report showing all of the details of your email list cleaning and validation.